Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Creative Moments: Christian Smutny


Hello lovelies,
As you know I absolutely love conducting interviews and I am really excited to share with you this particular one, as I have been speaking to Christian for a little while and I just know you lovelies and the modelling world will just love him! So without further ado ...

Name: Christian Smutny
Age: 19
Occupation: Model and Student


Photographed by Peter Richter for KOERPER.BLICKE in Vienna.

How are you today?
I’m fine, thank you. Just had lunch and I love being able to relax a little bit, when I get a free afternoon.

What does a normal day for you consist of?
Days for me vary, according to what I have planned. Sometimes have to get up very early for a shoot or a job, but I normally like to do sports in the morning, workout at the gym or a long run. I have to travel a lot for jobs and castings, so I often spend my days traveling.  

 Backstage at EVOQUE Fashion Night.

When did you get signed to One Time management? How long have you been modelling for?
I got scouted by John Merlino, who is the owner and founder of One Time Management, in winter of 2013 and signed a contract in June 2014. I started modelling when I was 17 at Modelrepublic in Vienna. After 3 Month I got an offer from Lookmodels International Inc. and I left Modelrepublic.


Who would you love to model for?
I really like Prada and Dior because they are classic, but I also like the A&F and CK campaigns, because they convey a young and sporty lifestyle.


How would you describe your personal style?
 It’s pretty classic, I guess. I’ve always liked the fine British way, white buttoned shirts, ties, suspenders, scarves, fine fabrics and plaids. But I also like to feel comfortable when I’m at home, like simple slim fit shirts and jeans. I pretty much live in boots. I got a pair of brown leather boots from an Austrian company and I love wearing them every day.


Do you think it has changed since you have started modelling?
I think it has changed, as I have started to choose and pay more attention to fashion and my style. Which I didn’t do before I became a model.


What 3 items can you not live without?
MacBook Air, bottle of water and my iPhone.

Christian is modelling Yuhei Mukai's first collection, photographed by  Xiaosu Han.

What do you do for fun, when you are off duty from modelling?
I love to do all kinds of sport. I played baseball and soccer when I was younger, have done some MMA and like to go for a run, lift some weights or go climbing. But I also like to go horse riding, Latin american dancing or go hiking. I also got a Nikon DLSR and I like to be on the other side of the camera ;-) especially for doing long exposure at night. And I’m really in love with music. I love to play a little jazz on the piano or the tuba or play some pop songs on my guitar.


What is your beauty regime?
I like to start the day with a hot shower, maybe a peel and some moisturizer cream. My skin is very sensitive, so I have to be carefully which beauty products or make up to use. And very important - never ever go to bed with make up on.

I try to keep my skin smooth, so I choose my food and my beauty products carefully. When I have a shoot, casting or show I want to be fit, so I go to bed early, drink a lot of water and maybe a relaxing bath before bed. That can sometimes be a little bit difficult - especially during fashion week, when you don’t get much sleep.


Where is your favourite place in Sweden?
Stockholm is a beautiful city, but my favourite place would definitely be the Torchbearers center in Holsbybrunn.


If you could be one person for the day, who would it be and why?
I would love to be Bill Gates or another pretty rich person, because I would use the day to spend as much money as possible to help people that do not have that much. You can achieve so many good things with enough money.


Who are your role models? (famous or non famous)
Definitely my parents, because they raised me up, and supported me in every situation. Werner Schreyer and David Gandy are my favourite male models - especially Werner because he is from Austria as well and the only male model on the cover of French Vogue. Not to mention Jesus Christ, which is probably unusual, but he has written history 2000 years ago and is still on everyone's lips - so he REALLY wrote history ;-)

 Backstage with Margherita Angeli in Zurich.
Where do you see your modelling career going? What is next for Christian?
Definitely foreign countries, I already worked in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and France, but I want to go to Milano or London, and my agency is already in touch with agencies from Milano, so I’m really looking forward to the next steps in my model career.


I for one can definitely see no reason why Christian won't go far, he is good-looking, smart and such a lovely guy! (So if I were you I would definitely follow him)


I hope you enjoyed reading another one of my 'Creative Moments',
there will be another one very soon!
Until next time,
Lizzie
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Great post! so interesting to have an insight into a models life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun for the comment, I am glad you liked the post! x

      Delete